1. Where is ICU based and how long has it been in business?
ICU Eyewear, previously known as Cable Car Eyewear, is a California-based company that has been in business since 1950 and operating as ICU Eyewear since 2011. We are a supplier of FDA regulated eyewear products focused on the retail channel with customers including Target, Whole Foods and Office Depot.
2. Why and how did ICU get into the business of supplying PPE?
Given the need for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) due to the Covid-19 epidemic, ICU, and our partner company Contour Optik, decided it was in everyone’s best interest if we focused significant resources on the production, importation and distribution of PPE and supplies needed to help and protect our workers, industry and community.
We have been able to make this transition with relative ease because Contour has specialized knowledge and experience in the production of PPE. Contour was drafted by the Chinese government to produce surgical goggles and face shields during the peak of their own COVID-19 crisis. As a member of the consortium of companies called upon to produce PPE for the Chinese outbreak, Contour developed extensive connections and relationships throughout the Chinese PPE supply-chain.
3. Does ICU have a W-9?
Please request from your broker or via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Do ICU products have all required FDA clearances?
Not all PPE products require FDA clearance. In cases where FDA clearance is necessary, we have worked with the expert FDA attorneys at Hogan Lovells in Washington, D.C. to ensure we are compliant with all FDA regulations and policies.
5. For shipments arriving internationally, is ICU partnered with a customs clearing agent? Do shipments arrive by air or by sea?
Yes, we are partnered with a customs clearing agent that we have worked with for over 20 years. ICU will import PPE materials by both air and sea.
6. Is ICU partnered with a carrier such as UPS, DHL, or FedEX to ensure door-to-door delivery?
ICU is partnered with UPS. When customers have a UPS, FedEX or DHL account number, it is preferable to use that number for shipping.
7. What payment terms are available?
Payment terms vary depending on the size of the order.
For orders under $100,000 we require 50% down and the remaining 50% within 48 hours of receipt.
For orders between $100,000 and $1million we require 30% down and 70% within 48 hours of receipt.
For orders over $1million, please discuss terms with ICU.
8. Does ICU accept P-card payments?
9. Is the customer responsible for shipping costs?
Yes, the customer is responsible for all shipping costs.
10. Are shipment status updates and up-to-date ETA information possible throughout the procurement process?
Yes, we have an integrated system with our freight forwarder and customs clearing agent that allows us to have real time access to the entire shipping process.
11. Are shipments to individual hospital locations or other locations in multiple states possible?
12. What PPE supplies are currently available?
KN95 Masks, Basic Face Masks, Face Masks, Face Shield, Goggles (with and without vents), Gloves, Isolation Gowns, Infrared Thermometers, Digital Thermometers and Disposable Stethoscopes.
Please refer to our web catalog for for details.
Please note: PPE availability is changing every day, given the huge global demand. We have a dedicated team doing their best to secure the qualified product and production however supplies may become limited or unavailable at times
13. Is ICU the manufacturer of the PPE or is ICU sourcing the products?
The products are manufactured by ICU/Contour factory partners. In all instances, ICU ensures that FDA requirements have been met.
14. Why are prices subject to change?
The global demand for COVID-19 PPE product is immense. Costs for product and the raw materials used for manufacturing PPE are changing every day. We update our prices each morning to reflect these changes.
15. How can I place an order? How do I get a price list?
To place an order or to receive a price list, please contact a member of our sales team to start the process at:
Please keep in mind that prices are held until midnight of the date on the pricelist.
16. I have experienced a product malfunction and/or I have a complaint about a product. How can I report it?
Please report any product malfunction, product complaint or to report any adverse event resulting from the use of one of our products to:
email@example.com or a toll free call 800.393.9273