N95 Mask Fitting Instructions
PRIOR TO USE: Check condition of mask. If visibly damaged, discard respirator.
Using both hands, open respirator by bending the nose piece outwards on both sides. Be careful not to over- expand.
Hold the respirator with both straps with one hand, like a basket, with the nose piece away from you.
Place chin in respirator and pull both straps over your head. Position the bottom strap around your neck, under your ears.
Position the top strap high at the top back of your head. Straighten the straps so that they lie flat.
To reduce air leaks around your nose, mould the nose piece to shape of the face:
1) Place the fingertips of both hands on either side of the nose and press down.
2) Whilerepeatedlypressinginwards,workthe fingertips of both hands from the top of the nose piece down both sides. Always use both hands. Repeat until seal is achieved.
Perform a User Seal Check:
1) Before inhaling & exhaling, cover the entire respirator with both hands.
2) Inhale sharply. The respirator should contract.
3) Exhalesharply.Ifairleaksattherespiratoredges, adjust nose piece and/or straps.
If you cannot achieve satisfactory fit, do not enter the contaminated area. See your supervisor.
Before occupational use of this respirator a written respiratory protections program must be implemented meeting all the local government requirements. In the United States employers must comply with OSHA 29 CFR 1920.134 which includes medical evaluation, training, fit testing and applicable OSHA substance specific standards.