N95 RESPIRATOR MASK FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
PRIOR TO USE: Check condition of mask. If visibly damaged, discard respirator.
- Using both hands, open respirator by bending the nose piece outwards on both sides. Be careful not to over-expand.
- Hold the respirator with both straps with one hand, like a basket, with the nose piece away from you.
- Place chin in respirator and pull both straps over your head. Position the bottom strap around your neck, under your ears.
Position the top strap high at the top back of your head. Straighten the straps so that they lie ﬂat.
- To reduce air leaks around your nose, mould the nose piece to shape of the face:
- Place the ﬁngertips of both hands on either side of the nose and press down.
- While repeatedly pressing inwards, work the ﬁngertips of both hands from the top of the nose piece down both sides. Always use both hands.
Repeat until seal is achieved.
- Perform a User Seal Check:
- Before inhaling & exhaling, cover the entire respirator with both hands.
- Inhale sharply. The respirator should contract.
- Exhale sharply. If air leaks at the respirator edges, adjust nose piece and/or straps.
- If you cannot achieve satisfactory fit, do not enter the contaminated area. See your supervisor.
- Before occupational use of this respirator a written respiratory protections program must be implemented meeting all the local government requirements. In the United States employers must comply with OSHA 29 CFR 1920.134 which includes medical evaluation, training, fit testing and applicable OSHA substance specific standards.
LONG HAIR: All long hair should be placed behind the ears. Any hair caught inside the mask will prevent a seal.
PONY TAILS & HAIR BUNS: Always ensure these do not obstruct the straps or respirator efficacy. Adjust hair accordingly.
FACIAL HAIR: Ensure that all facial hair is inside the mask. Even one day’s growth of beard can prevent a seal.
- This mask does not eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection.
- Replace if damaged or soiled with blood or other bodily ﬂuids.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to copper or zinc.
- If mask becomes soiled please change to a new mask.
- This mask does not contain natural rubber latex.
- For use in medical settings only.
- For adult use only.
- Single use only
CAUTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
A - Not for use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
B - Not for use in atmospheres immediately dangerous to life or health.
C - Do not exceed maximum use concentrations established by regulatory standards.
J - Failure to properly use and maintain this product could result in injury or death.
M - All approved respirators shall be selected, ﬁtted, used, and maintained in accordance with MSHA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
N - Never substitute, modify, add, or omit parts. Use only exact replacement parts in the conﬁguration as speciﬁed by the manufacturer.
O - Refer to user’s instructions, and/or maintenance manuals for information on use and maintenance of these respirators.
P - NOISH does not evaluate respirators for use as surgical masks.
PH - The limited FFR approval will be effective until the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of personal respiratory protective devices during the COVID-19 outbreak is terminated under Section 564(b)(2) of the Act, or the EUA is revoked under Section 564(g) of the Act, or until such time that the approved configuration can no longer be maintained.
S - Special or critical user’s instructions, and/or specific use limitations apply. Refer to User’s Instructions before donning.